|C-Ko Kotobuki Chat Hostess. Really.|
EWIC hosts its own chat server, come in and chat with the weirdos!
Our major meeting place is #C-ko'sChatHall (note the lack of spaces).
There we talk, hang out, and in general enjoy each other's company. You can
also use your own IRC client and sign on to #C-ko'sChatHall and by connecting
to one of the hubs below.
Please review all chat hall policies before logging on, and come back every so often
to check for changes.
|CHAT HALL HUBS (In order of priority)
- arcueid.merseine.nu, ports 1337, 5190, and 7500
- hawknest.stacken.kth.se, ports 3000, 6667, 31337
- mIRC One of the mainstays of online chatting
- X-Chat Multi-Platform IRC Chatting
- #C-Ko'sChatHall: Our main chat hall. There is no real role-playing
in here except occasional, unofficial joking, gags, messing around, etc.
This hall is meant as a place to meet, talk, and socialize and relax. The
hall is NOT intended for intense debateor discussions unless the majority
there wishes to participate. Those who continue a disruptive discussion
that the majority do not want to participate in will be asked to take it
to #Debate, to another room, or will be sanctioned.
- #MiSTing: Occassionally we run live MSTing events and riff real-time to
fanfiction. Open whenever it strikes enough interest.
- #Shoptalk - A channel for writers and artists to discuss their craft, and
for discussing media in general. It is open to all, and regular
discussions and events are organized by Steven Savage.
- #superrobotworld - Discussion on the wild world of Japanese mecha, like
Gundam, Mazinger Z and others
- RolePlay Channels - There are various role-playing events arranged by
members of the C-ko's/SVAM community.
- Private Channels - If you intend to have a discussion or a role-play
that will go beyond PG-13, please create a specific channel and
invite those involved to it. Please make the channel invisible and
invite-only, with the IRC commands : /mode #Channel +si. To allow a
person into a channel use /invite Nickname #Channel.
EXPLICIT ACTIVITY - All public channel conversations are to be kept at a
PG-13 level. No hardcore sexual activity described or performed in role-play
(hugging, kissing, cuddling are acceptable). Excessive use of obscenities
is not allowed. If you feel you need to engage in more explicit behavior
(or you are requested by people to do so), please make a Private channel
like above. A good rule to follow is that when clothes come off and/or
specific groping occurs, take it private. Continuous offensive behavior
is grounds for kicking or banning.
HARASSMENT - Any harassment of people by constantly messaging them,
making sexual or other propositions, or insulting them based on race,
religion, sex, or sexual preference, etc. is grounds for being kicked
or banned. This includes bothering IRCops over policies repeatedly.
INAPPROPRAITE DISCUSSIONS - Attempting to interrupt conversations,
role-plays, etc. is grounds for being kicked from the channel or
even banned from the server. This includes "MSTing" or commenting on
role-plays while they are occuring unless specifically invited by all
parties, attempting to manipulate discussion in a channel and/or
flooding when people do not wish to participate, and similar behavior.
ADVERTISING: There will be NO advertising of MP3 / WareZ / ROM sites on any channels.
COLORS AND SCRIPTS - Use of odd colors and automatic scripts that interfere
with conversations, flood, etc. is prohibited. Please turn them off.
Violating rules involves the following levels of sanction
- Warning. You will be warned to cease your behavior.
- Kick. Ignoring warnings will result in being /kicked.
- 5-minute kill. Engaging in offensive behavior after a /kick
will result in a 5-minute /kill, banning from the server.
- Kill. Engaging in offensive behavior after a 5-minute kill results
in total banning from the server.
The IRCops reserve the right to modify these levels of sanction
as they deem necessary to keep order.